Does this scenario sound familiar?
You’ve set up a Google+ page for your local business, received the verification code, gone to enter the PIN listed on the postcard and boom! You keep getting asked to request a new verification postcard.
You might well be asking yourself, what the? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many small business owners experience the same thing when setting up their local Google+ page.
There’s two reasons why this request to verify (again!) might be happening:
- You made a change to the dashboard details of your page.
- It has been more than a month since the PIN was issued.
In both cases I’m sorry to say the PIN is now useless and you’ll have to do one of the following (very simple) tasks:
- Re-apply for a new postcard. This can take up to two weeks to arrive, so if time is a factor or you have trouble receiving your mail (which is how you got in this predicament in the first place), I recommend you try option 2.
- Contact Google+ support at http://support.google.com/business/contactflow.
– Select either “Request a Call” or ‘Email”.
The “Request a Call” option is only available Monday – Friday 1AM – 5PM PDT (which works out to Tuesday – Saturday 6PM – 10AM AEST).
Outside of this time you will need to fill in the Email form instead. I actually prefer submitting the Email form as it gives me a paper trail with Google, and it is still possible to request a call from a support specialist this way.
See I told you the remedy would be simple!
If you’ve got any other questions or concerns about getting your small business found on Google Search, Maps and Google+, then don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Or sign up for my newsletter to stay up to date with all the tips, tricks, and hints around local search in Australia (and beyond!)